Princeton University, Office of Design & Construction

Princeton University, Office of Design & Construction — Boiler house, Princeton, NJ

The renovation and adaptive reuse of the former Boilerhouse at Princeton University, constructed in 1928, is home to the University’s Department of Public Safety and Office of Design and Construction. The existing conveyor house on the roof was renovated and is used as mechanical and storage space.

Facts

Size:  25,000 square feet

Schedule:  14 months

Contract Type:  Construction Manager-at-Risk

Owner:  Princeton University, Office of Design & Construction

Architect:  Clark Caton Hintz Architects