The students of Eastern Connecticut State University have settled in and been enjoying their new state-of-the-art Fine Arts Instructional Center.
This new facility includes three floors of varying performing art spaces:
- 400-seat Concert Hall
- 254-seat Proscenium Theatre
- 125-seat Black Box theatre
- A new art gallery will feature guest, faculty, and student art exhibitions
- An instrument rehearsal room seats up to 80 musicians
- A choral rehearsal room seats up to 80 students
- A ceramics studio and sculpture studio provide space and equipment for visual arts students concentrating
- in those areas
- A theatre design classroom and scene shop will support theatrical performances
- Offices for the performing arts department.
- Two performance labs to support dance, movement, and theatrical instruction.
- Piano lab for 12 students with one dozen pianos
- A performance technology lab
- A printmaking and papermaking studio
- A costume shop and costume storage
- Support spaces for theatre including dressing rooms, makeup room, green room, and a recording room
- Offices for the department of art and art history
- Two digital computer labs for instruction of digital art, graphic design, and motion graphics
- Two 2-D design studios for instruction of two-dimensional design
- Painting and drawing studios
- Two general purpose classrooms